The SMA Group is the global market leader for solar inverters, a key component of all PV plants, and offers innovative key technologies for future power supply structures. It is headquartered in Niestetal, near Kassel, Germany, and is represented in 20 countries. SMA has an extensive range of products, which offers the right inverters for all module types and plant sizes; for small residential systems as well as large-scale plants, grid-connected photovoltaic systems as well as off-grid and hybrid systems.
SMA also offers system technology for various battery technologies and system sizes and collaborates with renowned battery manufacturers and companies from the automotive industry. Since 2008, the Group’s parent company, SMA Solar Technology AG, has been listed on the Prime Standard of the Frankfurt Stock Exchange (S92) and is currently the only company in the solar industry that is listed in the TecDAX index.
SMA Solar Technology AG (SMA) has been voted the most preferred inverter brand in the world by all customer groups. That was the result of the “PV Inverter Customer Insight Survey 2016” by IHS Markit, a world leader in critical information, analytics, and solutions. IHS Market surveyed wholesalers, installers and EPC companies in more than 45 countries. The most important factors in their decision were quality, technical support and service.
Advantages of the inverter include:
- High operating efficiency of up to 98.0%
- Easy monitoring and zero export setup with just an energy meter
- New service platform that allows SMA to detect any faults on the inverter automatically and will initiate the maintenance process from their office before the customer even knows it
- Wifi built-in allows connectivity between the inverter and any smart phone/tablet device for monitoring purposes
- Extremely compact and light design allows for quick and convenient installation