GreenLight Energy Solutions Pty Ltd is bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Privacy Act) and the Australian Privacy Principles (Principles) (the 2014 Privacy Act Amendments). The Principles are
designed to protect the confidentiality of information and the privacy of individuals by regulating the way personal information is managed. Personal information is information or an
opinion relating to an individual, which can be used to identify an individual. GreenLight Energy Solutions may also handle information about companies and other persons in the ways
GreenLight Energy Solutions will not collect any more information from a customer, above the information required to conduct our business with our customers, whether they be individuals or
1. What is the Personal Information we collect
The kind of personal information we collect and hold will depend upon the conditions under which it is collected, including, whether we collect the information from you as a customer or in
some other capacity.
If you are an existing customer or a potential customer, we will collect your name and contact details (including, your address, telephone number and email address).
We normally need additional information in regard to your premises in regard to your electricity supply and usage. This is not considered to be personal information, but is handled with the
accounts) may be needed if we are to apply for credit for you.
When deal with Greenlight Energy Solutions in some capacity other than as a customer (such as another companies representative or stakeholder), we may collect your name, contact details and
any other information you choose to provide to us.
You may also provide us with personal information of a third party (e.g your authorised representatives). If so, we rely on you to inform those individuals that you are providing their
personal information to us and to advise them about this Statement.
2. How do we collecting your personal information
We may collect your personal information in a range of ways, including but not limited to:
• Directly from you (such as when you interact with us in writing, electronically or via telephone);
• when you visit our website or Facebook page
• when you participate in events or promotions;
• when we supply products or services to you;
• from third parties such as our related entities, business partners, credit reporting bodies, wholesale or other customers, or your representatives; and
• from public sources of information such as marketing and similar lists which are legally acquired by us.
3. Using your personal information
Your Personal information is used almost exclusively for sales and installation purposes for your solar system. Other aspects it is used for are:
• Communication between you as a customer, and GreenLight Energy Solutions
• Customer Service Improvement
• Website improvement
• Product updates (to enable us to update you on new products and services available)
• Email correspondence
• Obtaining feedback on our products and services
4. Disclosing your personal information
Under no circumstances do we not sell, trade, or rent your personal information to others.
To assist us in carrying out our business activities, from time to time we may need to disclose your information to third parties, including:
• Our contractors, suppliers and agents who help us in providing products and services and to administer and manage our business;
• Our associated companies in the group;
• Credit providers and agencies;
• Government and regulatory authorities (as required or permitted by law);
• Our professional advisors (including, auditors and lawyers);
• Organisations that help us to conduct research or analyse data.
5. Storage and Management of your information
GreenLight Energy Solutions may store your information in hard copy and/or electronic format, in storage facilities that we own and operate, or that are owned and operated by our service
providers. We take all reasonable steps to maintain the security of your information and to protect it from unauthorised disclosures.
We realise that your personal information may change frequently with changes of address and personal circumstance. You can help us to ensure that the personal information we hold about you
is accurate and up-to-date. Please contact us promptly to inform us of any changes to your personal information.
We are also required to take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify personal information when no longer needed for any permitted purpose.
6. Accessing your information
You can access your information by making a written request to us. We will endeavour to provide you with the information you have requested, unless providing such access would infringe
another person’s privacy.
When you request access, we will ask you to provide some form of identification (such as a driver’s licence or passport) so we can make sure that you are the person to whom the information
relates. In some cases, we may also ask you to pay a reasonable fee to cover the cost of providing access.
If at any time you want to know what personal information we hold about you, please contact us, addressing your request to the Privacy Officer.
7. Correcting your information or raising concerns or complaints in regard to your Privacy information
If you believe that any personal information which we hold about you is incorrect or out of date, or if you have concerns about how we are handling your personal information, please contact
us and we will try to resolve those concerns.
If you wish to have your personal information deleted, please contact us and we will take reasonable steps to delete it unless we need to keep it for legal, auditing or internal risk
If we become aware of any ongoing concerns or problems concerning our privacy practices, we will take these issues seriously and work to address these concerns.
If you lodge a complaint, it will be reviewed by us and you can expect a response within 14 business days. GreenLight Energy Solutions will endeavour to resolve your complaint. Should we be
unable to resolve your complaint, you may be able to lodge a complaint with the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (www.oaic.gov.au).
We may make changes to this policy from time to time without notice. Any changes will be reflected on this page.
This policy was last updated in May 2018.
9. How to Contact us
If you have any questions regarding this Policy or our management of your personal information, please let us know by contacting us on 1300 778 257 or writing to us at